This is a little sneaky cooked breakfast saved for a Sunday morning so you can grab a paper and hopefully relax whilst indulging (just slightly) in the delight of a cooked breakfast. All you need are eggs, bacon, mushrooms and a little Mary Berry magic dust! Simply divine!
Note: Not suitable for people with dairy allergies.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Strip of Bacon
- 3-5 Mushrooms
- Black Pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon of Creme Fraiche
- Either poach or scramble your eggs in a pan (I prefer scrambled with no milk or butter, but if you use milk go for a dash of Almond milk)
- Grill your bacon on a low heat so it’s ready at the same time
- Slice up around 4-5 mushrooms in a small pan and fry gently in a teaspoon of coconut oil for 2 minutes
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of creme fraiche to the mushrooms and stir for a further 1-2mins on a low heat. Grind up lots of black pepper and add to the mushrooms
You can choose to have this on a small piece of Rye bread (check if this is wheat free) if you want, but this is filling enough for me. Simple load the egg, then the bacon and then the mushrooms on top of each other then simply delight in your little cooked breakfast!