Hey Wellness Warriors!
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for this period of isolation. It’s simple to make, cheaper than shop bought granola, healthy and can last around 10 days. It’ll only take you 10-12 mins to make and then the whole family can enjoy it
NOTE: This recipe contains nuts (check your allergies)
- Rolled Oats
- Nuts of choice – I used pecans, but you can mix Almonds, walnuts or Macadamia nuts. Whatever you have in your cupboard
- Currants or Raisins
- Desiccated Coconut
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Set the oven to around 200 degrees for pre-heating
- Start by pouring oats into the bowl. Enough to make a nice batch for the family. I tend to measure out around two-thirds of the jar I am going to be using to store the granola
- Add crushed nuts of choice. Around two handfuls are good
- Add sprinkling of desiccated coconut to taste
- Pour in some maple syrup. Around 2-3 tbsp is fine if you’re making a large batch
- Add 1 tbsp of Coconut oil and stir together
- Pour into a shallow baking tray so the oats and nuts can start to harden and get all crunchy
- Transfer to the over for around 10mins
- Remove from the oven and add two small handfuls of raisins or currants before mixing and transferring to a storable jar.
Enjoy in the mornings with a generous dollop of natural ypgurt and berries of choice. Breakfast of wellness warriors!