Autumn has arrived and with it those beautiful vibrant autumnal root vegetables have cropped up. If you got all green fingered in lockdown you might even be reaping the rewards of your new (isolation) veg patch! Whilst I got through many task, this wasn’t one of them so I’m still getting mine delivered from Abel and Cole
This salad is just delicious and super healthy. Filled with a rainbow of coloured vegetables, which if you fancy it, you could also add some fresh beetroot too.
Don’t be put off with 21g of carbs! Remember these carbs are vegetables and super good for you. Get that fibre in your body!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Nutrition per serving:
197 kcal 11g Fats
21g Carbs 6g Protein
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled
- 1 lb. (450g) pumpkin, peeled
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. (120g) rocket
- 2 oz. (50g) feta
- ¼ cup (30g) pumpkin seeds
What you need to do
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F (200C).
2. Wash and peel the carrots and parsnips. Cut them into small strips. Peel and cube the pumpkin.
3. Place all the vegetables into a roasting tray, and grease evenly with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-30 mins (depending on the thickness of the vegetables).
4. Once cooked add the roasted vegetables and rocket to a large bowl and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and pumpkin seeds, and season with salt and pepper to serve.