Who doesn’t love cake? Well I for one do and when I bake it myself, the sense of accomplishment seems to allow me to eat it without any sense of guilt. And so I should! Cake is there to be enjoyed in small quantities and occasionally. I’m not for giving up the cake!
This one is vegan, so made with Almond Milk, Coconut oil + sugar, lemons and the usual flour, baking powder etc.
I can’t wait to see your pictures of this one!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Nutrition per serving:
207 kcal 11g Fats
24g Carbs 2g Protein
- 1 cup (240ml) almond milk, at room temp.
- 1/3 cup (80g) coconut oil
- 2/3 (125g) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of 4 lemons
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1¾ cups (210g) all-purpose white flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
What you need to do
- Heat the oven to 180°C (355° F).
2. Line a 1 kg / 2 lb tin with baking paper.
3. Whisk softened coconut oil and sugar together with an electric whisk. Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice and room temperature plant milk and mix well with a spatula. Next, add in the desiccated coconut.
4. In a small bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and baking soda. Next, fold in the flour into the wet ingredients and mix well, then transfer the batter to the prepared baking tin.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is nicely browned. Allow to cool completely before serving.
6. Once cool you can sprinkle the cake with some icing sugar (optional).