Hello pancakes! We all know I’m a fan of a breakfast pancake and there is nothing simpler than the one banana + one egg combo. But… if you’re saving your pancake option for the weekend when you have a little more time then give these a whirl. These are a great combo as they have oats plus egg whites and cottage cheese so a great protein burst for you with the necessary carbs. Because of the composition they actually make a great post workout meal… so why not try one of our 7am LIVE workouts followed by these pancakes. I mean what else would you want to do on a weekend morning!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Nutrition per serving:
424 kcal 18g Fats
52g Carbs 12g Protein
NOTE: Nutrition information is per 3 small pancakes. Toppings are not included in nutritional information.
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup (115g) cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites (1-2 eggs)
- 4 tbsp. coconut milk, from a carton
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup (45g) dark chocolate chips (70%)
What you need to do
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender and blitz until smooth. Next, stir in the chocolate chips.
2. Fry the pancakes on a dry non-stick pan, over medium-high heat for 2-3 mins each side.
3. The batter will allow to make around 6 small pancakes. To serve, top with your favourite toppings.